Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled refresh disabled

Hi there,

I have just woken up this morning to an email saying one of my production reports "data refresh has been disabled". This confused me because I haven't received any emails stating that the refresh has failed previously so it shouldn't have triggered the 4 failed refresh threshold. However, looking at the refresh history I can see that the report is failing for the following reason:

"The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support."

In the scheduled refresh tab my email is setup to received failure emails, so I'm not sure why non were sent out.

Two similar issues has been reported here: 
Scheduled refresh has been disabled - Microsoft Power BI Community.

Internal Service Error - Microsoft Power BI Community.

I am also experiencing the same issue with another report in a different tenant.

Hi @Seanan ,

It is a little difficult to reproduce your problem scenario, I did a simple test but it did not work.
The error message mentions that this may be a temporary problem, two days have passed since you posted, does this problem still exist?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Comments
Seanan
Solution Supplier

Sorry, one correction I need to make. I have been receiving the failed refresh emails I forgot that they are once every 24 hours and not every hour but they contain no context to why the refresh is failing.

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Seanan ,

It is a little difficult to reproduce your problem scenario, I did a simple test but it did not work.
The error message mentions that this may be a temporary problem, two days have passed since you posted, does this problem still exist?

Best regards.
Community Support Team_ Caitlyn

Seanan
Solution Supplier

Hi @v-xiaoyan-msft 

Unfortunately the issue is still present and has been going on since the 24/01/23.

So for some reason it seems as though once the refresh starts it is on going for 5 hours and then after 5 hours it encounters the 'transient' error. This confuses me because I have a second report that is an exact duplicate of the report encountering these issues except in a different language and this report refreshes fine within 3-5 minutes.

The refresh is set for 12:00am each day.