Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Scheduled and Manual Refreshes are not working

I am not able to complete a manual refresh in any report. Clicking on the manual refresh triggers the window reporting that that refresh "Preparing to refresh" but nothing happens the date last refreshed stays the same. All of my scheduled refreshes on and off the gateway are experiencing the same thing, refesh will be at 2pm but its now 3 and no change to the last updated date. Subscription emails are being sent out but are heavily delayed. I checked the refresh summary in the last refresh was 12pm noon today, but I cannot find anything reporting outages with the service. I also tried to upload a small report( small to ensure this wasn't a issue with size of the reports) from desktop to refresh the data and it froze half way through the publishing. 

Comments
KCBH2021
Regular Visitor

Issue GifIssue Gif

doddv
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the exact same issue! The issue occurs across multiple workspaces, including My Workspace and regardless of whether its set to automatically refresh or not. 

D41159971

Same issue here and we are on the new experience workspaces.

KCBH2021
Regular Visitor

Looks like its back up; im now able to manually refresh; i'll watch my scheduled refreshes to confirm they are working.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi,

According to my research, a similar issue has been reported internally, so stay tuned.

ICM: 267546952

I will update here once I get any information.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

AntonioPalomas
Advocate III

I have the same problem.

dpeabodyTPM

Our last successful refresh was on 10/21/2021 @ 6:03:44am EST. Manual refreshes are not working. Validated on current version, credentials, etc. Both sides look like they are functioning correctly, but just hit the “Unable to connect to the data source undefined. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.” Error when any gateway or source (SQL, OBDC, File, etc.)

FibaBI2019
Regular Visitor

We have got the same issue. We have a refresh problem in the data flow schedule but the live connection works well.

Also, We can not publish power bi reports from the desktop.

jkadilak
Frequent Visitor

I encountered the same issue. I got it back to working order by:

1. Uninstalling Microsoft Edge WebView2 and
  2. Rolling back my 64-bit Power BI desktop version to 2.95.983.0 64-bit (July 2021).

I don't know which one worked, but I spent too many hours fixing it to experiment further.

Update 10/26/21: This issue has also been posted here.

I can manually refresh, but scheduled refreshes via the data gateway are not working. I'm assuming that's because my Power BI desktop version (2.95.983.0 64-bit July 2021) doesn't match the Gateway October version (3000.101.16  2021-10-13). I reinstalled the Power BI desktop October version and removed the check mark from Power BI Desktop infrastructure update in the Options and Settings "Preview features" section. This time, the refresh window isn't a phantom. It appears, but hangs on the Evaluating stage for the first table listed and the Waiting for other queries stage for all other tables. I also tried this with the Power BI desktop September/August versions and got the same result. I guess I'll have to stay at the July version and refresh manually until this is fixed.

PBI002.jpg

I didn't think to remove the check mark from the Power BI Desktop infrastructure update in the Options and Settings "Preview features" section before trying the troubleshooting actions above. That Preview feature option was released in July 2021.

This is one of the error messages that kept popping up while I was working through the refresh / apply changes issue. I also received an "Invoke attempt failed" error message.

This is one of the error messages that kept popping up while I was dealing with the manual refresh errors.This is one of the error messages that kept popping up while I was dealing with the manual refresh errors.

Before I fixed it, this was the "phantom" window that would appear beside the Power BI window on my taskbar. It didn't show on the screen, but could hover over the Power BI icon on my taskbar to reveal it. It was triggered by manually refreshing the data or applying changes in the Power Query window.

The phantom window that kept appearing each time I tried to manually refresh or apply changes in Power QueryThe phantom window that kept appearing each time I tried to manually refresh or apply changes in Power Query