Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled Refresh of an Access Database doesn't work anymore in PBRIS August 2018

We are running the lastet on-premises PBRIS version (August 2018), and the scheduled refresh to an Access database doesn't work anymore.

It raises the following error: Data source error: Login failed for data source ‘Unknown’. with the following details:

SessionID: 7798b4d2-efd9-422d-b043-49d31364dcce
[0] -1055784932: Unspecified error. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface.

Same errror will be raised while trying to refresh a new PBIX with a connection to new test Access database.

So it seems that the Access interface isn't working properly at all for the the lastet on-premises PBRIS version (August 2018).

A scheduled refresh of a text file in the same network directory and using the same credentials does work.

BR Frank  

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

The latest version is: Version 1.3.6816.37243 (Build 15.0.2.557), Released: August 30, 2018

Anonymous
Not applicable

I investigated the issue a bit further.

If the credentials belongs to an account that is a member of the Administrators Group on the PBRIS server then the scheduled refresh is working as expected.

So it seems to be a security thing, however the account used in the credentials can read/write the given Access dababase using other apps. And again, it used to be working in the March edition. Roll-back to the March edition is not an option.

BR Frank van Zuilen 

Océane
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I have excatly the same error, with August 2018 too (I didn't try other versions yet). 
If you find a solution, please share it with me 😉 

Océane

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone of Microsoft already looking into this? @v-yuezhe-msft or @v-qiuyu-msft?

Océane
Frequent Visitor

A colleague of mine asked Microsoft yesterday. I'll keep you posted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem after the upgrade to August 2018 Version.

Has there been any updates regarding this?