Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled Refresh failing

Hi,

I have about 10 dashboards to refresh every night. A couple of weeks ago random ones started failing because of a "timeout" issue with the data source. But it's not the same dashboards failing every night and they don't fail on the same table import every time either. If I then manually go in and refresh it myself, there is no issue.

The exact wording of the error is:

"Before the data import for *table name* finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again."

The data source I am using is SQL server. The gateway is completely up to date (from limited googling, this was one of the issues), and there is no timeout set on any of my queries, or on the database itself.

Has anyone had this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks,
Anna

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

In Refresh History, there should be detail error information eg: RequestID, ClusterURI for the failed refresh record. Please share these information with us. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Please see details below:

Cluster URI:WABI-UK-SOUTH-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:684f5c26-b0d7-4e44-8057-d9ef35c17eb0
Request ID:1883931b-ea4a-416b-b998-0e7d97a2e43c

Thanks,

Anna

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

I don't find explicit error information internally, if the issue still occurs, I would suggest you create a support ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered