Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Scheduled Refresh Not Starting + Refresh On Demand not responding

Hi all,

Yesterday we experienced the issue of inability to load reports, and today the majority of our scheduled report refresh jobs have not started, and are unresponsive when prompting a refresh on demand.

Have anyone else had the same issues lately?

Our location is North Europe, and I assume that this might be a problem for others in the region. Meanwhile, Microsoft claims that the service status is "Good" with "No known issues: Power BI is running smoothly". An actual update on ongoing issues and what is done to resolve them would be highly appreciated.

Comments
farsu436
Advocate I

in UK. Same issue. Schedule refresh did not start, manual refresh doesn't work.

jeetJ
Advocate I

Same issue in Ireland. 

It would be appriciated if Microsoft would change the service status. Its still green. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Microsoft even looking at this issue?

Some kind of acknowlegement would be appreciated!!!

MattCalderwood
Responsive Resident

Same issue - Also in UK using North Europe Region.

I will also add to the numerous comments that the official status page is next to useless.
Yesterday we were dealing with performance issues for several hours before any acknowledgement. 

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy

Based in the Netherlands.

When I look at my datasets for both that have incremental refresh and those that do not have, they seem to be working as expected. I've also been able to upload a report to the Power BI Service without any problem. 

Just tested it for refresh on demand and it seems to be working as well. I can't reproduce the complaints. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on the findings of @DouweMeer i have had annother look at our Power BI workbooks.

It seems that some of our Workbooks have been refreshed or have a 'Next refresh date' which lies in the future. These reports can be refreshed manually.

On the other hand, the reports/workbooks which have not been refreshed last night and have a 'Next refresh date' in the past, still don't refresh manually.

The majority of our reports have a 'Next refresh date' in the past, for instance '5/22/2019 8:00:00 AM'

Gareth

Our out-of-date refreshes have now processed OK. Things appear to be back to normal (UK South)

DouweMeer
Post Prodigy

@Anonymous 

I've check all the premium workspaces that I'm connected to and I don't see any past dates for the roughly 40 datsets we have with a scheduled refresh. I'm the only one in my organization using incremental so far, and they look fine as well. 

Have you tried to remove one of the reports that are bugging reupload it to see it that works as a temporary workaround? 

pkoletsi_bi
Regular Visitor

It seems that issue has been resolved Cat Happy

Goofr
Advocate IV

Hi,

After installing the May update of the gateway, the problem was solved for us.

Frank