Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scheduled Refresh Fail - Before the data import for xxxxxxx finished, its data source timed out.

Hi,

Getting this refresh failure for dozens of reports. Gateway is up to date - vers 3000.2.52.

Hide
Scheduled 4/10/2019, 12:00:21 AM 4/10/2019, 12:14:15 AM Failed Before the data import for xxxxxxx finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: b1b5a11e-14ab-43cc-843f-c16eec02fa40
Request ID: 0f4c73ff-ea2a-4e06-a763-001672fa215c
Time: 2019-04-09 23:14:15Z

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Qotsa ,

From internal trace, I find below errors: 

1. "A single value for column 'Visits_Date' in table 'vw_PivotWagesHrs' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count, or sum to get a single result."
2. "Too few arguments were passed to the AVERAGEX function. The minimum argument count for the function is 2.

Please open the same report in Power BI desktop, check these two items. Ensure the report can be refreshed successfully in Power BI desktop then republish it to power BI service. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Qotsa
Helper V

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Can you look into this one too please.

Last refresh failed: Fri Apr 19 2019 00:15:12 GMT+0100 (Irish Standard Time)
Before the data import for ClientsList finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.Hide details
Cluster URI: WABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 05cb9548-1be6-4c2c-8098-f208d8bb785b
Request ID: 3041c6af-7cef-4a84-bf2e-4caeef4e1432
Time: 2019-04-18 23:15:12Z

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Qotsa

I find the error ""USERELATIONSHIP function can only use the two columns references participating in relationship."". Please open the report in Power BI desktop to check it. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Qotsa
Helper V

Thank you.

Question: When I refresh these in the desktop manually they always refresh & publish correctly.

Why is it only in the scheduled refresh they fail & why do they only fail sometimes & not all the time.

The previous one you looked at with the USERELATIONSHIP issue. This fails sometimes & succeeds othertimes.

Report is not changed.

Also-

Can you also look at

Invitation to Tender Call Analysis has failed to refresh.

Technical Information

Activity Id:
bb13e82c-9137-4e99-b770-c9edf1ce1a06

Request Id:
e6af3cd2-d50e-4409-a3bc-0995a176f996

Cluster Name:
WABI-WEST-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Refresh Start Time:
April 22, 2019 23:00 UTC

Refresh End Time:
April 22, 2019 23:33 UTC

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Qotsa

As far as I know, the engine used in Power BI service is not very same as in desktop when refreshing data. Also gateway is required for some datasets in Power BI service, this also can affect the refresh.

In your scenario, it's a DAX error. When you refresh the report in Power BI desktop use Refresh button to refresh all queries, the same error should pops out. May I know if this issue is resolved now? 

For the new error, I find the error "System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: The endpoint was not found. None of the connected listeners accepted the connection within the allowed timeout. Please ensure that you can connect to the internet using HTTP port 80 and TCP port 9350." I would suggest you troubleshoot follow: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot#firewall-or-proxy

By the way, if there is a new error or other issues, please post a new thread. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Qotsa
Helper V

Hi,

I feel there has to be a fundamental issue with the On Premises Scheduled Refresh then.

1. I can manually refresh reports in Desktop with no issue ever.
  2. These reports once published to the Service will refresh successfully.
  3. Only sometimes these refreshes will fail . Even though the reports have not been modified.

In the examples above which you've found Dax errors which you say are the reason for the refresh failures.

These same reports have successfully refreshed & failed to refresh using the On Prem Gateway in the time since.

It makes zero sense that the same report will refresh successfully one day & fail the next due to Dax erros in the report.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Qotsa

It's hard to provide further help on forum side currently. I would suggest you create a support ticket to get dedicated support. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Qotsa
Helper V

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft ,

Ok. Thanks for looking into these issues for me.

Best Rgds,

Dobromir

Hi @Qotsa ,

We are having similar issues as you described - only sometimes these refreshes will fail. Even though the reports have not been modified.

Have you ever found a solution?

all the best,

Dobromir

learner03
Post Partisan

I am facing the same issue. have you resolved this?