Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Scheduled Refresh Error

Multiple Users from my Organization has reported the error on schedule refresh since yesterday. Below is the error which everyone is getting. Is there any service issue ?? I see in support page there is an issue with North europe users but error message mentioned there is different. Microsoft any comment??

atakildefeilThe operation was throttled by Power BI Premium because there were too many datasets being processed concurrently. Please try again later.

Klynge-URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Aktivitets-ID3d2fa8e2-9208-4225-a377-04a6d9962221

Forespørsels-ID85a06e5f-7f2a-d462-0867-429f82ffbc77

Klokkeslett2018-12-19 09:54:25Z

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@ankku,

Which premium capacity do you have? How many datasets and workspaces do you have in Power BI Service? For more details about why you get the above error, please review Yaswanth's reply in this similar thread.

In your scenario, please set schedule refresh for different datasets at different times, and make sure that you are using the latest version of gateway.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lydia,

We actually have 4 Premium nodes, 3 in p1 capacity and 1 with P2 capacity. We have tried to distribute the data set in all four nodes equivalently. and it doesnt seems to be an issue with nodes or threshold limit as most of the users from different nodes has reported this error yesterday.

It happened suddenly and it was working fine till yesterday. Are we sure from Microsoft service end, nothing went wrong for north Europe Data center?

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@Anonymous,

I haven't found any same issues internally for north Europe Data center. In your scenario, how many datasets do you have in these capacities? And how do you set schedule refresh for these datasets?

P2 capacity supports max of 6 parallel refreshes, P2 capacity supports max of 12 parallel refreshes. Please make sure that you don't schedule more than max parallel refreshes in these capacities. Also we suggest that you first disable all refreshes on all capacities. Then slowly enable the refreshes one by one. Make sure refreshes are staggered apart (e.g. 1 hour apart), and that no more than max concurrent refreshes happen at overlapping time periods.

Please also review the following articles about how premium works.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-premium-monitor-capacity
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-premium-understand-how-it-works

Regards,
Lydia

Joorge_C
Resolver II

Hello Just a couple of questions.

I also have started to see this error more often in our premium workspace.

I have downloaded the Premium Capacity Metrics app, but I cannot see the Dataset in my Premium workspace Datasets, It only shows up under my personal space because I can see my own personal Datasets only.

Also, when going into my Admin Portal>Capacity settings, my Power BI Premium Tab only display a message as if I did not have any Premium at all.

Note Im one of the owners of the Premium workspace group, I have selected the premium worspace when trying to add and edit all of this to make sure it will be taken under this space.

Thanks for your help

Jorge