Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Schedule Refresh issue - connecting to Sharepoint Online list, OAuth2 not working

Good day.

I am having a problem in configuring Scheduled Refresh on my PowerBI report. I have posted this issue under FORUMS/SERVICE but someone suggested that i create a support ticket, however i can't create a support ticket for some reason, so ill post my question here, hope that someone can help me. 

I have created the report in PowerBI Desktop, in which my data source is a Sharepoint Online List. I am a member of the Site Owners group of that site where the lists resides.  I have published that report to PowerBI Web and was able to view the report and publish / import it into my sharepoint page.

However, i am getting a problem when i configure the Data Source Credentials for the Scheduled refresh setting.

So when i select OAuth2, it prompts me to authenticate my account, which is already signed in.

power bi signin.PNG

But after selecting my account, i get this error.

OAuth2error_jul192017.PNG

I read a similar question wherein someone got it working in Edge Browser, but for me it is not working. I tried Edge, IE 11 and Google chrome but no success.

I even saved the powerbi file into the sharepoint document library. reconfigure the data source again, make it run on the powerBi desktop and PowerBI web. 

But i still i get stuck at the OAuth2 authentication, 

Is this a concurrent issue..? is this issue still ongoing..?

Hope anyone can help me on this.

Please advise.

Thank you very much.

Yours sincerely,

Rommel Sudan

Sharepoint Analyst/Developer

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @rommel_dvo,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side. From the error message, it seems the entered credential for the data source is not available.

In your scenario, please clear cookies and passwords for the browser then restart the browser, sign in Power BI service again to enter credential for the dataset.

If the issue still persist, please run the Fiddler with HTTPS encrypt enabled, repeat the steps to edit credential, share .saz file here.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info