cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Refresh Issue

Datasets on scheduled refresh fail and give the following error on the schedule refresh page:

 

Before the data import for XXXXXXX finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.

 

There is no error on the refresh history, it just shows failed.  It is a different table name every day.  Refresh Now works for these datasets when I try them an hour or two later.  

 

I believe this started after I updated to the Februrary on-prem gateway.  

 

Status: Needs Info
Comments
Frequent Visitor

Yesterday I did upgrade to March Update to my Gateways and problem appeared.
Previously I had December version running and was OK 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have downgraded gateway to December and now my inbox is happy not receiving all the sync errors.

Frequent Visitor

Hello @Anonymous, how have you managed to downgrade the gateway? Unfurtunately using the gateway installer you can only install the latest version...

 

Thanks,

David

Helper I

Voted up. 

It seems many people are having this random failing of reports schedules.


@chrisu wrote:

Datasets on scheduled refresh fail and give the following error on the schedule refresh page:

 

Before the data import for XXXXXXX finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.

 

There is no error on the refresh history, it just shows failed.  It is a different table name every day.  Refresh Now works for these datasets when I try them an hour or two later.  

 

I believe this started after I updated to the Februrary on-prem gateway.  

 


 

Regular Visitor

This is solved by upgrading the Gateway to March version. 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Responsive Resident

I put in a ticket but they basically said it is a problem with the data source (on-prem SQL server).  I updated to the second version of the March gateway and that seems to have fixed the issue.