Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Schedule Refresh Issue

Datasets on scheduled refresh fail and give the following error on the schedule refresh page:

Before the data import for XXXXXXX finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.

There is no error on the refresh history, it just shows failed.  It is a different table name every day.  Refresh Now works for these datasets when I try them an hour or two later.  

I believe this started after I updated to the Februrary on-prem gateway.  

Comments
MarcinBajda
Frequent Visitor

Yesterday I did upgrade to March Update to my Gateways and problem appeared.
Previously I had December version running and was OK 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have downgraded gateway to December and now my inbox is happy not receiving all the sync errors.

David_V
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Anonymous, how have you managed to downgrade the gateway? Unfurtunately using the gateway installer you can only install the latest version...

Thanks,

David

nigelreilly
Helper I

Voted up. 

It seems many people are having this random failing of reports schedules.

@chrisu wrote:

Datasets on scheduled refresh fail and give the following error on the schedule refresh page:

Before the data import for XXXXXXX finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.

There is no error on the refresh history, it just shows failed.  It is a different table name every day.  Refresh Now works for these datasets when I try them an hour or two later.  

I believe this started after I updated to the Februrary on-prem gateway.  

guoxx552
Regular Visitor

This is solved by upgrading the Gateway to March version. 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

chrisu
Responsive Resident

I put in a ticket but they basically said it is a problem with the data source (on-prem SQL server).  I updated to the second version of the March gateway and that seems to have fixed the issue.