Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Schedule Refresh Issue

Datasets on scheduled refresh fail and give the following error on the schedule refresh page:

Before the data import for XXXXXXX finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again.

There is no error on the refresh history, it just shows failed.  It is a different table name every day.  Refresh Now works for these datasets when I try them an hour or two later.  

I believe this started after I updated to the Februrary on-prem gateway.  

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@chrisu ,

What is the data source of your Power BI report? Could you please export gateway log here?

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

We are also experiencing these errors while refreshing our SQL database using the Scheduled Refresh, failures are intermitant. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also getting these errors. Our datasource is on prem SQL database

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@chrisu @Anonymous  @Anonymous ,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side. Please open a ticket in Power BI support site.
Support Ticket.gif

Regards,
Lydia

Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting this as well.  prem sql, prem iSeries - ODBC, some domain XLS

This was only an issue after latest update for Gateway.  Had September GW version running and operating flawlessly until week ago.

Did anyone open a ticket as suggested?

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

I am also getting these errors... It seems to happen to different dashboards each day.. and the table that is times out on changes on each refresh.

David_V
Frequent Visitor

Same problems for us after updating to the latest gateway (version 3000.1.257 (2019-02-24)) last week. The scheduled refresh randomly failed with the same error (data source timed out). It's a shame that it's impossible to roll back to a previous version of the gateway...

simonefraquelli
Helper I

Same problems for us using the latest gateway version: every time i get a timeout error on scheduled refresh

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having exactly this issue as well.  Multiple refresh failures but no pattern.  Randomly failing, we had this for a few weeks and had hope the March update would resolve.  Problem still exists on march Gateway version.  Desktop client also fully updated