cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule Refresh Forces Extra Digits on Field

I have a user who has created a report in Desktop that uses an Excel file in SharePoint as it's source. The field in Excel is formatted as text because it contains mixed values (one row is a percent (displayed as 45%) the next is a decimal value (displayed as 0.14). It is being formatted in Power Query and in the desktop as text and reads correctly in the visual. However, when the data is refreshed through a Schedule Refresh the decimal values are expressed to a high level of significant figures (for example 0.14000000001). Is this a known issue? I can't find anything online about it. The only way we seemed to be able to get resolution was to explicitly tag the data in Excel using the ' character ('45%, '0.14) but that is not a good fix as these files will be updated by users who may not realize they need to add the prefix character.
Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @olopuc

I tested on my side but not able to reproduce the issue. Please test with our sample Excel on your side to see if the same issue occurs. Please update Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019) then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu