Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Scanner API ScanResult

Hi,

I am using the scanner API(ScanResult) to get all the details of my workspace, but it seems to be the Tables are returing as empty.
I have dataset connected to a table from SQL server.

manoj883_0-1655404921935.png

not sure how to reslove this.

Hi @manoj883 ,

It seems like a common scenario that happens when your use scanning API on datasets that have not been refreshed or republished. You take a look at the official document and it mentions these situations in 'Considerations and limitations':

Metadata scanning - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Datasets that have not been refreshed or republished will be returned in API responses but without their detailed low-level information and expressions. For example, you will see dataset name and lineage in the response, but not the dataset's table and column names.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @manoj883 ,

It seems like a common scenario that happens when your use scanning API on datasets that have not been refreshed or republished. You take a look at the official document and it mentions these situations in 'Considerations and limitations':

Metadata scanning - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Datasets that have not been refreshed or republished will be returned in API responses but without their detailed low-level information and expressions. For example, you will see dataset name and lineage in the response, but not the dataset's table and column names.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn