Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Saving a pbix to OneDrive causes Power BI Desktop to consider this file as "auto-recovered"

Whenever I save a PBIX file to a OneDrive folder or a Sharepoint folder synched locally using OneDrive, Power BI Desktop then considers this file as "recovered" and bugs me with this a message telling me there are recovered files and do I wish to reopen them or delete them.

It inteferes with the DAX formula bar and visuals at the top of the reports and this is really annoying because I'm always afraid that i'm going to loose something important if I choose to answer "remove the files".

FireFighter1017_0-1664995184511.png

So I try to keep up and clean this "log" on a daily basis, but if I loose track, then I have to reopen each file and see if anything's missing.  And I have to do it one by one because Power BI opens them as "Untitled".  If I open more than one, there is no way for me to know which one's which.

Can you please fix it so that files saved to online storage don't appear in this list anymore?

Hi @FireFighter1017 ,

Please try turning off the following features in Power BI Desktop options & settings to see if it helps.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1665020459451.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

Comments
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi @FireFighter1017 ,

Please try turning off the following features in Power BI Desktop options & settings to see if it helps.

vcaitlynmstf_0-1665020459451.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

FireFighter1017
Advocate II

Of course it works!!! You asked me to disable the feature that is generating those message about recovered files.

I don't want to be disabled, I want it to do excactly what it is designed for: keep recovered files for when Power BI Desktop is closed unexpectedly.

So please fix it.