Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Salesforce dataset not showing or refreshing

I use salesforce objects in Power BI Desktop and have created a report from them. The dataset shows in Power BI Desktop and refreshes fine, when I import this report into Power BI Service (web app) using the get data\import local file method (or the publish from Power BI Desktop method) I am getting a warning against my Salesforce data set that says 'Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.' I try and update, and the OAuth2 works fine, I allow access from the Salesforce window but Power BI Service returns this error - Failed to update data source credentials:

Anyone know why? 

Comments
AnshuPrakash
Regular Visitor

Capture.PNG

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @AnshuPrakash,

The error message is clear. 

1. Did you change the password of your account?

2. Was your password of your account expired?

3. Please refer to this document for the limitations.

>>>1. Connected with a production Salesforce account that has API access enabled

2. Permission granted to the Power BI app during log-in

3. The account has sufficient API calls available to pull and refresh the data

4. A valid authentication token is required for refresh. Ensure you have 5 or less Salesforce data sets imported, as Salesforce has a limit of 5 authentication tokens per application.

Best Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

AnshuPrakash
Regular Visitor

Hi Dale, @v-jiascu-msft,

Thanks for the prompt reply - 

Regarding your reply:

The error message is clear. 

1. Did you change the password of your account? Nope, not changed password ever and I am clearing teh log in page of Salesforce OAuth2.

2. Was your password of your account expired? My password hasn't expired or been changed.

3. Please refer to this document for the limitations.

>>>1. Connected with a production Salesforce account that has API access enabled Check

2. Permission granted to the Power BI app during log-in Check

3. The account has sufficient API calls available to pull and refresh the data This should be the case, I have also waited until today to reset the daily API calls and the refresh still doesn't work

4. A valid authentication token is required for refresh. Ensure you have 5 or less Salesforce data sets imported, as Salesforce has a limit of 5 authentication tokens per application. I use 7 object tables in my report but only one dataset (Salesforce Objects). 

The strangest thing is that the scheduled refresh previously ran smoothly refreshing daily, then at some point (I think when Salesforce went to TLS 1.1) the scheduled refreshs stopped working but a manual refresh was fine. Yesterday I upgraded to the Power BI Pro trial and the refresh stopped entirely. I am now recieving the error attached in this comment. However, my Power BI Desktop still updates Salesforce dataset (Salesforce Objects) fine. 

Furthermore, in the dataset area (second image attachment) I used to have an option for Salesforce which seems to have disappeared since yesterdays failed refresh.

Again thanks for the help and any advice would be appreciated. Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNG

AnshuPrakash
Regular Visitor

Hello? Any updates anyone...? I appreciate you must be busy but a reply would be very much appreciated.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee

Hi @AnshuPrakash,

I found the similar case that has been reported to the Product Team. The report ID is CRI 38910695. It seems the user needs a Salesforce developer account. Can you try it and give some feedback?

Bets Regards,

Dale

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue