Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Salesforce connector, failed auth on Power BI Service, works fine in Power BI Desktop

I am using the salesforce objects connector. I am using oauth2 with the same credentials I used in Power BI Desktop; however it is saying it is returning an invalid token. 

I am connecting directly (I AM NOT USING A GATEWAY).

1.png

Text: Failed to update data source credentials: The service returned an invalid token. Please contact your IT administrator if this issue persists. Show details

Details

2.png

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@paulvbsi ,

Please check if the token your used has expired or been revoked by admin. If this issue persists, please try using Salesforce app in power bi service.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-connect-to-salesforce#how-to-connect

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I created a report using Salesforce Objects in Power BI Desktop, login credentials in Salesforce using SSO. Refresh is possible in Power BI Desktop. But after publishing the report to the Power BI Report Server, I get the same error as above. How can we resolve it?

Regards,

Debarati.

ReportBuilder07
Helper III

Hi @paulvbsi I know this reply is very late lol, but were you able to find a solution? I've used the Salesforce connector but I had some issues updating my data. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png