Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Salesforce Object connector error - The service return an invalid token.

I am able to connect to Salesforce.com with same ID and Password, but cannot connect to Salesforce Object with Power BI.

Please help.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @joannechong,

Where did this issue occur, Power BI desktop or service? Was there any error message throw out?

If it's in Power BI desktop, please try to download the newest version 2.47.4766.542 64-bit (June 2017) to see if it works.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

chaz2jerry
Advocate III

Hi there, I encountered same issue.  I have existing dataset/report in PowerBI Desktop (latest June edition) and usually connects to Salesforce with no problem.  Yesterday and today I have been getting this error "The service returned an invalid token..." using the same/correct login info.  Yesterday the connection actually went through after a few attempts throughout the morning.  Today the error came back.  

Did some online research and there are articles relating this error with TLS 1.2, but I don't think that should be issue with PowerBI Desktop June? 

https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=9063A000000p9Y1QAI

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/92811d44-1165-4da2-96e7-20dc99bdf718/can-power-que...

TimHorgan

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft@Vicky_Song@joannechong@chaz2jerry

I have just encountered the same issue.  Has there been a resolution to this issue yet?

The issue comes from when I am connecting Power BI Desktop to Salesforce Objects. Below are the steps I took along with the error I receive.

These are the steps I took:

1. Clicked Get Data
  2. Clicked More
  3. Clicked Salesforce Objects
  4. Clicked Connect
  5. Clicked Select Production and click OK
  6. Clicked Sign In
  7. Clicked Use Custom Domain
  8. Entered custom Domain and clicked continue
  9. Entered Username and password and clicked Log In.
  10. Get the below screenshot of an error.Invalid Token.JPG

Please let me know.

Thanks-

Tim

BenderIsGreat
Frequent Visitor

Old thread, but having the same issue.  Worked fine on 08/22/2018.  Today, started tossing error.  Found the same infor regarding TLS 1.2, but thats pretty dated now.  Did anyone get by this?