Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Salesforce Authentication / We don't support this browser

In Power BI Desktop App, when trying to authenticate to Salesforce to retrieve Objects or Reports our end users receive this error:

"We don't support this browser. Try opening this page in a supported browser"

It appears this has to do with the fact that the IE11 browser is no longer supported by Salesforce. What can we to successfully authenticate? Is there a way to change the default browser for Power BI Desktop app?

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @marijusgorinas

Based on my test with Power BI desktop version 2.74.5619.862 64-bit (October 2019), when we use Salesforce Objects connector, it's able to sign in with valid Salesforce account and password then retrieve data. 

In your scenario, which Power BI desktop version do you run? I would suggest you update your Power BI desktop to the same version as ours then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

marijusgorinas

We use the same version: 2.74.5619.862 64-bit (October 2019)

When you are logging into Salesforce, make sure you are not logging with an SF admin account or an account that has Customize Application permission enabled on the profile or permission set. For these accounts IE11 is allowed by default by Salesforce.

Thanks,

Marijus Gorinas

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @marijusgorinas

I would suggest you create a suppor ticket to get help. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

NRSolutions
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue, did you find a solution?

WabGC

same issue, any solution ?

BenBen
Regular Visitor

I have the same issue with the latest Power BI desktop version and IE11.

I wonder whether we can change the browser Power BI used.  My default browser of my OS is not IE, but Power BI seems still use it.

MetsoPBI

Hi Power BI development team!

Changing default brower in Power BI Desktop should be enabled for users. Now when we are forced to use Salesforce lightening version, IE 11 is not supported by Salesforce, and we will no longer connect to Salesforce.

This isssue has been reported almost year ago, but I did not see any progess from Power BI side.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@marijusgorinas Thanks for your advise. That solved it for me. I asked my Salesforce admin to give me temporary admin rights to be able to authenticate in PowerBI. My Admin changed me back to normal user role after I established the Salesforce conecction. I didn't need to change Customize Application permission but maybe it was already enabled by default.