Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sales Analytics for Dynamics 365 Sales installation installs Process Analytics for Dynamics 365

I have a very odd issue when attempting to install Sales Analytics for Dynamics 365 Sales. After registering and installing the app, Process Analytics for Dynamics 365 is the app that actually gets installed. I have nothing else going on in my PowerBI instance, so this isn't getting mixed up on the user side. It's an app installation issue. I've been able to recreate the issue each time on reinstallation.

Hi @smaisonneuve 

You said that there is nothing else going on in your Power BI instance after you installing the app , what it refers to ? After you installing the app , can you see it in your Apps pane ? Under what circumstances do you need to reinstall the app every time ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Comments
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @smaisonneuve 

You said that there is nothing else going on in your Power BI instance after you installing the app , what it refers to ? After you installing the app , can you see it in your Apps pane ? Under what circumstances do you need to reinstall the app every time ?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

smaisonneuve

1. I follow the process to install Sales Analytics for Dynamics 365 Sales to our "clean" (unused) instance of Power BI

2. The app begins to install

2. Once installed, the app that actually shows up in the workspace is Process Analytics for Dynamics 365, not Sales Analytics for Dynamics 365 Sales

I've then tried deleting the installed app and restarting the installation a few times over a few days and weeks, to no avail. Each time, the app that Power BI installs is Process Analytics for Dynamics 365 when it should be installing Sales Analytics for Dynamics 365 Sales. I've previously tried Sales Analytics for Dynamics 365 Sales and it is very different than Process Analytics for Dynamics 365.