Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

STUCK at Cannot load model

After attempting to connect to an Analysis Services Datasource in DQ and failing, Power BI Desktop gets STUCK at the "Cannot load model" screen.

This is very annoying and requires to shutdown power bi with task manager. Please fix this to cancel the load attempt at least after 2 or 3 attempts.

Stuck at Cannot Load Model.gif

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @PedroReis

I'm trying to get the "Cannot load model" screen on my side as yours but unfortunately not.

I would suggest you update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.69.5467.2151 then test again. If the issue still occurs. Please record a complete video for us to reproduce the issue. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

PedroReis
Advocate II

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft 

I forgot to mention that this behaviour is in Power BI Desktop Report Server compatible version. I do have the latest version (Jan 2019)

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @PedroReis

I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is still an issue for me in June PBI Desktop. 

monicatanasescu
Frequent Visitor

Same issue - it's very frustrating. I am now on Version: 2.75.5649.961 64-bit (November 2019) and I've had the same issue since July on all versions.