Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SSAS tabular model switch issue

Hi,

we defined a report with Power BI Desktop with a Live connection toa tabular model (SSAS 2016).

When we move it from development to pre-production we usually change the SSAS tabular connection using edit queries.

We try to do this with the latest version of Power BI Desktop (Nov 17)  but all the visuals used appear signed with an X (no object found). The same works fine with the previous versions.

We suppose this is a bug.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @pcavagnoli,

I can reproduce this issue. Already report it internally: CRI 51666476. 

Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy

Yes this is happening to me as well!

I am not even changing the settings simply opening the data source settings and closing it again causes all visuals on the desktop report to break...

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all,

Please see below response from PG team: 

This is a known issue that we plan to address with a QFE this month. In the meanwhile there is a workaround - after switching the data source settings,save and close the report and reopen it. After reoping the visuals should load correctly. Unfortunately this will have to happen everytime the source is changed in the session. The QFE will resolve the issue altogether.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

OneWithQuestion
Post Prodigy

Please post this to the known issues support page.

This burned a LOT of time when I encountered this problem and did not realize it was a known issue.

Please post a note under the "Awareness" header on the support page, thanks.