Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SSAS formatting does not work in visuals tooltips

Hi Team,

The issue is that most of all visuals tooltips not show proper format of a measure, which was formatted on SSAS side.

Example.

I have SSAS database with an Adventure Works cube. I connect to it from Power BI Desktop (2.65.5313.701 64-bit (December 2018) version from Microsoft Store). I've tried other versions of Power BI Desktop as well. The result is the same.

I create a table with two fields: Sales Territory Region and Internet Sales Amount and a map where Sales Territory Region is a location and Internet Sales Amount is a size. In a table, I'm able to see the proper format of a measure but in a map tooltip, I see not formatted number instead of currency.

format bugformat bug

Regards,
Ruslan

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@zoloturu,

I can reproduce this issue on my side, I have reported this issue internally: CRI 102451703, will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@zoloturu,

I got response from PG:

If dollar sign is part of dynamic format string, then we don't support it in categorical Charts ( Pie, Donut, Maps-in some conditions, line, column etc.) 

Regards,
Lydia

zoloturu
Memorable Member

@v-yuezhe-msft ,

Thank you for checking. Is it hard to implement? Should expect this to be on Power BI roadmap soon?

Regards,
Ruslan

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@zoloturu ,

I am afraid that it is not in the roadmap.

Regards,
Lydia