Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SSAS formatting does not work in visuals tooltips

Hi Team,

The issue is that most of all visuals tooltips not show proper format of a measure, which was formatted on SSAS side.

Example.

I have SSAS database with an Adventure Works cube. I connect to it from Power BI Desktop (2.65.5313.701 64-bit (December 2018) version from Microsoft Store). I've tried other versions of Power BI Desktop as well. The result is the same.

I create a table with two fields: Sales Territory Region and Internet Sales Amount and a map where Sales Territory Region is a location and Internet Sales Amount is a size. In a table, I'm able to see the proper format of a measure but in a map tooltip, I see not formatted number instead of currency.

format bugformat bug

Regards,
Ruslan

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@zoloturu,

I can reproduce this issue on my side, I have reported this issue internally: CRI 102451703, will post back once I get any updates.

Regards,
Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Accepted

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@zoloturu,

I got response from PG:

If dollar sign is part of dynamic format string, then we don't support it in categorical Charts ( Pie, Donut, Maps-in some conditions, line, column etc.) 

Regards,
Lydia

zoloturu
Memorable Member

@v-yuezhe-msft ,

Thank you for checking. Is it hard to implement? Should expect this to be on Power BI roadmap soon?

Regards,
Ruslan

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@zoloturu ,

I am afraid that it is not in the roadmap.

Regards,
Lydia