Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SQLdumper crashes PowerBI Client

Im Still getting SQLdump crashes when Im working with PowerBI. 

Some times its when Im working with the Queries, and other times its when Im working with Measures. 
Its super frustrating, since some work is lost, but mainly because I have to reload all the data, and waste alot of worktime, and workflow doing so. 

Please Help.
dump screen shot.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @absmila

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? Please update it to the latest version 2.70.5494.761 then test again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

SanchezDK
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. Running latest PBI Desktop version. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @SanchezDK

Which steps do you perform in Power BI desktop then causes the SQLDUMPER.exe pops out? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

absmila
Advocate I

hi @v-qiuyu-msft 
Im running the latest version. Auto updating from Microsoft Store. Its been a problem for a few months now. 

The SQLDumper starts totally random when:

- Working with PowerQueries (M)

- Working with Measures

- Working with Calc. Columns

- Changing Values in Visuals

- Managing Relations

Its basically pretty random when it shuts down my PowerBi

SanchezDK
Frequent Visitor

@v-qiuyu-msft 

It happens pretty random when I work with Power Queries (M), Measures/Calculated Columns and relation management. I cant find any logic pattern.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

I tested on my side both in Power BI desktop installed from Windows Store or download site, but not able to reproduce the issue. I guess the issue is machine specific. Please create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

mike_honey
Memorable Member

I'm striking this most often after closing the Power Query Advanced Editor window. About 1/2 the time it crashes Power BI Desktop.  Seemed to start with the 2nd June update.

Running 2.70.5494.761 64-bit (June 2019).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, facing the problem when i close the advanced query editor.  Using June 2019 Power BI desktop.

jakeryan56
Helper III

Same here when using the advanced editor in the Power Query Editor. 

Very frustrating!!

mike_honey
Memorable Member

This was still happening to me with the July update of Power BI Desktop.

However the unannounced 24 July update might've fixed it?