Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SQLDUMPER.EXE error after update

Hi all

I can't open a .pbix archive after i updated the power bi. its happening just in this report.

When I try, this black window attached is shown, with sqldumper.exe a:

after the black window close, and this error is shown:

Feedback Type:
Frown (Error)

Error Message:
O objeto Servidor não está ligado.

Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Tabular.Server.CheckIfConnected(Boolean offlineCaptureXmlAllowed)
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Core.Server.RollbackTransactionInternal()
at Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Tabular.Server.RollbackTransaction()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Modeler.ModelManager.InternalTransaction.Dispose()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.AsyncModelAuthoringService.ModelAuthoringTransaction.Dispose()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.ReportUpgrader.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Upgrade>b__0(IExtendedModelChangeScope scope)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Modeling.AsyncModelAuthoringService.RunOutOfBandExtendedModelChange(Action`1 extendedModelChange, IAnalysisServicesDatabase analysisServicesDatabase, IModelManager modelManager, Boolean requireASDBToBeUnattached)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.AnalysisServices.AnalysisServicesDatabaseLocal.RunOutOfBandExtendedModelChangeCore(Action`1 extendedModelChange, Boolean requireASDBToBeUnattached)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.ReportUpgrader.Upgrade(Report report)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.ReportPreparer.UpgradeModel(Report report, IPowerBIWindowService windowService)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.ReportPreparer.Prepare(Report report, PackageValidationResult mashupResult, IPowerBIWindowService windowService, Nullable`1 entryPoint)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.PowerBIPackagingService.Open(FileStream fileStream, IPowerBIWindowService windowService, Nullable`1 entryPoint, PowerBIPackageOpenOptions options, Boolean& allCredentialsSatisfied)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.FileManager.<LoadFromPbix>d__5.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.UIBlockingService.<>c__DisplayClassa`1.<<BlockUIAndRun>b__9>d__c.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.UIBlockingService.WaitOnUIThreadForTaskCompletion(Task task)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.UIBlockingService.BlockUIAndRun[T](Func`1 asyncMethod)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Services.FileManager.OpenFile(IPowerBIWindowService windowService, IPbixFile fileToOpen, Nullable`1 entryPoint)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.TryOpenOrCreateReport(IUIHost uiHost, ISplashScreen splashScreen, IFileManager fileManager, IFileHistoryManager fileHistoryManager, String filePath, FileType fileType)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.<>c__DisplayClass10.<Main>b__0()
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.IExceptionHandlerExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass7.<HandleExceptionsWithNestedTasks>b__6()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)

Stack Trace Message:
O objeto Servidor não está ligado.

Invocation Stack Trace:
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionExtensions.GetCurrentInvocationStackTrace()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.StackTraceInfo..ctor(String exceptionStackTrace, String invocationStackTrace, String exceptionMessage)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.GetStackTraceInfo(Exception e)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Windows.Telemetry.PowerBIUserFeedbackServices.ReportException(IWindowHandle activeWindow, IUIHost uiHost, FeedbackPackageInfo feedbackPackageInfo, Exception e, Boolean useGDICapture)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.<>c__DisplayClass1.<HandleException>b__0()
at Microsoft.Mashup.Client.UI.Shared.UnexpectedExceptionHandler.HandleException(Exception e)
at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.ExceptionHandlerExtensions.HandleExceptions(IExceptionHandler exceptionHandler, Action action)
at Microsoft.PowerBI.Client.Program.Main(String[] args)

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems the issue only occurs to one specific report on your side. Would you please share the pbix file so we can try to test it on our side? You can upload it to your OneDrive and send the link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun Yu,

Thank you for the help.

I send you the link in private as requested.

Best Regards,

Gabriel Lopes

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested with the may version in another computer, and its working.

@v-qiuyu-msft Do you have any idea what this can be?

Best Regards,

Gabriel Lopes

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 82579256. Will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you a lot @v-qiuyu-msft

I need urgently a solution, many people need those information, and i took months to do this dashboard, Do it again from scratch is not a plausible solution.

Best Regards,

Gabriel Lopes

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I got information below: 

This is a known regression of August release of Desktop that affects pbix files which use the clustering feature. The regression has already been fixed in the Service. Please advice the user to stay with July release of Desktop until September release comes out.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft,

Thank you for the help. After the update i can open the pbix, but when i try to do a new measure, the same error shows to me.

Best Regards

Gabriel Lopes

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Which measure do you want to add? Please share the pbix file. 

There is a Power BI desktop Oct version 2.63.3272.40262 released, please update your desktop to this version. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu