Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SQL connect error

Unable to Connect

We encountered an error while trying to connect.

Details: "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Either a required impersonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070542)'"

Comments
andyfoster
Frequent Visitor

Hi All

I used the above advice as it still does work, (Running the app as Admin) but only when I used the desktop app that was installed on my machine, originally it appears the desktop bi app was being  'launched' from the store each time, I had no folder on my C: so once I logged on to the machine as an admin, downloaded powerbi desktop app, installed it, launched the app as an admin it worked!

Thanks for the tips

hamman
  1. Save your work and close Power BI Desktop
  2. Right click Power BI Desktop and select “Run as administrator”
SantoshKumar
Employee

I am also Facing this Issue:

Details: "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.EnterpriseServices, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Either a required impersonation level was not provided, or the provided impersonation level is invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070542)'"

Thanks

Santosh