Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SQL Server Management Studio fails to process Power BI table partitions

I've published a dataset containing three tables with incremental refresh on a premium-backed capacity. The normal refresh feature in the web portal does successfully refresh the most-recent partition for each, but SSMS isn't allowing me to forcibly process, and thus load up data for, any single partition or the entire table.

SSMS can connect to the model without issue via the endpoint, but attempting to "Process Table(s)" or "Process Partition(s)" only ever results in this exact error:

MondialPowerBI_0-1625878770479.png

This issue holds for every single mode selection in either window on both SSMS 18.6 (the oldest version that lets me successfully connect to the model) and 18.9.1 (the latest version). I have restarted my device and disconnected then reconnected everything from SSMS for both versions.

I am running Windows 10 Home version 21H1.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
ferzfeld
Advocate II

I'm having the exact same problem here, and the link provided by @v-chuncz-msft is leading to a 404 😞 

ldittmann970
Advocate III

In case anyone else runs into this error - just want to call out I was able to resolve by following the guidance from this AAS Technet Forum: "parameter name already exists" while trying to Process Database in SSMS | Microsoft Learn
The issue was that I had identified a specific dataset in the Connection Properties of my SSMS 'Connect to Server' window.  Once I set the database to default (instead of a named dataset), I was able to process freely.