Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SQL Dataset via GW stopped refreshing

Hi All

I have had a dataset that refreshed successfully for about 5 months now ... without a problem. The connection is to an on-prem sql server

On 14 July '19, the dataset refresh stopped with error "Unable to connect to the data source undefined.". (Furtehr details below)

There has been no changes to GW Config, SQL Config, PBI Report, prior to this error occuring.

Since the error appeared, I have actioned the following in an effort to remediate the issue:

• Updated On Prem GW to July 2019 release (was Dec 2018)
  • Checked all connection settings and user/pwd  - Manage Gateway is not reporting any problems
  • Created a simply PBI Report with the same dependency on SQL server, using just a single table

All to no avail ...   I would welcome any ideas that may point me in the right direction to resolve this problem. 

Thank you in advance

Ryan

Further Details:

Unable to connect to the data source undefined.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Cluster URI     WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID       5bf42001-b4bd-4093-9b42-b8015a7b7f5a
Request ID      da416884-912c-9029-7b50-56cd04d5c178

Comments
Nonsensely
Helper I
We've had the same thing happen! They've been running fine for at least 6 months.... now I'm getting this. Funny thing, we don't even use the oledb, we're using odbc to connect. Couldn't load the data for this visual The provider 'Microsoft.PowerBI.OleDb' is not registered. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Activity ID: 0aac765d-4cca-4a2f-9fa7-ed094d4c8534 Request ID: b95c52cc-851a-5670-aa41-0f36dda9e0bb Correlation ID: a058d63f-d089-1e29-b772-1d498ac1156f Time: Thu Jul 18 2019 15:07:45 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time) Version: 13.0.10117.179
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @ryancmea

Please create a support ticket to get dedicated help. 

Support Ticket.gif

@Nonsensely Please post a new thread, and provide the ClusterURI. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

ryancmea
Regular Visitor

Further to above information and more testing 

Direct Connect: Works as expected

Import: Fails with error as specified above