Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SQL Data Loaded into Query Editor & minor tansformation Not pushed to PBI model

Process:

• I have pulled in a dataset using SQL code.
  • I have performed minor enhancements after it's pulled into the Query Editor (example: Unique Key)
  • I have Closed & Applied the data to load to the PBI model
  • Total dataset is 40 columns +/- by 800k rows

Issues:

1. Not all records make it to the PBI model - I can visually verify that having filtered the data down in Query Editor (5 records in Query Editor to 2 records the ultimately got loaded)
  2. PBI is somehow transforming raw data value fields' values.. Not in all cases - just in a few. No additional joins or duplicates from joins were possible

This is a big problem if totals summing stuff up simply do not work or data is simply missing completely.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @JosephK,

1. Which Power BI desktop version did you run? How about the result when you try the latest version 2.49.4831.521 64-bit (August 2017).

2. Please check if the issue happens when you get data from this specific data. You can try to get data from other SQL table.

3. Please check if the issue related to the second step (I have performed minor enhancements after it's pulled into the Query Editor (example: Unique Key)). You can jump this step, just get data then apply the change to see if the same issue occurs.

Best Regards,
QiuyunYu

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

JosephK
Regular Visitor

I have tried unique keys.. I have even slimmed the data down to records related to a series of keys (5) that all relate to the same account. I can physically see the five in query editor preview not in the dataset report viviews. Regardless of how I manipulate and get data, the same issue occurs.

Yes I have upgrade to August's version. With so many problems occuring with Microsoft, the environment, data publishing issues, premium workspaces unable to be created, and more going on with pbi.com, I wonder if this isn't part of it.