Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

SAP HANA DirectQuery Issue

I have a report with an SAP HANA DirectQuery source.  I have a column with text that has values like '0000000ABCD'.  I add a Report level filter with the condition "Is not blank" for this column.  I display this on a table visual and it shows correctly.  When I create a calculated column with the formula

Col No Zero = SUSBSTITUTE([my text column], "0", "")

and add this column to the table visual, the table visual no longer displays the data correctly.  Col No Zero is populated, but the original text column now shows many blanks, and the few values that do show up do not match the Col No Zero values in any way.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mtaubman,

I have reported this issue internally: CRI 49244433. Will update here once I get any feedback. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Accepted

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mtaubman,

Please see below response from PG team: 

We investigated the issue and our conclusion is that the problem is in SAP Hana Driver. Also, the issue seems limited to the SUBSTITUTE DAX function, which is translated to SQL REPLACE, other text functions work fine. Since this is an external product defect, we recommend to ask the customer to try updating their driver or report the issue to SAP to get help.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mtaubman,

How's the issue going now? 

Have you tried updating their driver or report the issue to SAP to get help?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

mtaubman
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for asking.  We are working with SAP, but I don't know how quickly they will be able to help.  We are eagrly awaiting the new HANA Connector, which may also resolve this issue.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mtaubman,

Thanks for your update. If you get information from SAP side, please feel free to update here which will benefit other members who have the same issue. 🙂

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @mtaubman,

May I know if the issue is solved now? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu