Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SAP BW with On-premise Data Gateway Connection Error

I've installed on-premise data gateway and i'm trying to add a data source with SAP Business Warehouse but I get the error details as below

The same source has been verified in power bi desktop, the only different is that a language option setting in powerbi desktop and none in data source setting in power bi web

Unable to connect: We encountered an error while trying to connect to . Details: "We could not register this data source for any gateway instances within this cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance."Hide details

Cluster URI: https://wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code: 400
Error Code: DMTS_PublishDatasourceToClusterErrorCode
Time: Tue Feb 26 2019 15:25:36 GMT+0800 (台北標準時間)
Version: 13.0.8482.125
my_laptop_win10_2: Invalid connection credentials.

Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: The credentials provided for the SapBusinessWarehouse source are invalid. (Source at 172.20.97.66/00/100)
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind: SapBusinessWarehouse
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath: 172.20.97.66/00/100
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason: AccessUnauthorized
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources: [{"kind":"SapBusinessWarehouse","path":"172.20.97.66/00/100"}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason: AccessUnauthorized

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Was the on-premises data gateway running on the same machine which has Power BI desktop runs? 

Please double check if you enter the same credential when creating the SAP BW data source in Manage Gateways as in Power BI desktop. 

Have you enable the SSO for SAP BW data source in Manage Gateways section? If it is, please follow this article to check if any settings are missing. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun

Yes, the on-premise data gateway running on the same machine which PowerBI desktop runs.

The credential was test me and two colleagues of me, we believe the credential is fine.

I don't active the SSO in Manage Gateway section.

PowerBI Desktop settings

Image_2019_03_04_8.png

Manage Data Gateway section in Power BI Web

Image_2019_03_04_10.pngImage_2019_03_04_11.png

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

1. Please run Fiddler with below option enabled, then repeat steps to reproduce the issue,share .saz file with us. 

Fiddler.PNG

2. Export gateway logs and share log files. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot#collecting-logs-from-the-gateway-configurator

PS: You can upload these files to your OneDrive and send the share link to me via private message. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Thank you for your detail information. I have consulted this issue internally, will update here once I get any information. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue. Is there a resolution to this yet?

thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

This bug already fixed.

Selecting the "skip test connection" check box when adding the data source to a data gateway, this option is only visible if you have the latest  on-premise gateway (at least March 2019)

Then you can connect the SAP BW through data gateway.

Regards,

Tim

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thanks a lot that solved the problem. May be now people can find the solution as I have seen this issue seevral times but never with the way to fix ths.

Thanks