Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SAP BW message Server with Single Sign on is not supported in Power bi gateway

HI,

So recently I get this( see below table) details from one of the Microsoft personell and it says that SAP BW message server is not supported to be added in Power Bi gateway using Single Sign on ( SNC lib used gsskrb5). Though this method is available in the Power bi gateway console( you can check in the drop down), still it is not supported as per Microsoft.

So first question, Why Microsoft put anything of this sort over their aplication which is currently not supported. This has lead us to a wrong direction of thinking that SSO is supported in Message server and thereby wasting time on checking SAP server and checking network issue while the whole time it was not supported.

Also Microsoft says that SAP message server is supported in gateway through SAP user name and password.

So second question is that, is it possible that User connect to SAP message server from Power Bi desktop through SSO( which is obviously happening) and add the SAP message server in Enterprise Gateway using SAP user name and password( not using SSO). Will that allow user to refresh the dataset in Power Bi service??

Regards,
Ankku

Comments
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee

@ankku ,

I get the following response from PG:

"Apologies, there is critical a mistake in our documentation. We do not support Gateway SSO for SAP BW Message Server. SAP BW Application Server has Gateway SSO support under gsskrb5."

In addition, there is no SSO concept in Power BI Desktop, as long as you meets the requirement in the table below, you are able to refresh SAP BW message server data source in Power BI Service.

1.PNG

Regards,

Lydia

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft ,

With SSO means , without inserting the password and in power Bi desktop it is supportable using SAP BW message server( i.e. the sixth row in the table) . I am able to build reports with Message server with SSO, however that report when published , will not be able to refresh in power Bi service.

So I dont know what you mean when you say you are to refresh message server data in service unless i meet below requiremnet. Please elaborate.

Thnaks