Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Row Level Security View As is not working as expected in Datamarts

When I setup Row Level Security in a Datamart and then run the View As to test the roles, the first role I test works as expected.  Any subsequent roles that I test during that session do not filter as expected and I either get all rows in the datamart or it still caches the original View as Role settings I tested first.  If I close out that session and try again, this time opening another role under View As, the first one works, but when I switch to subsequent roles, it does not filter correctly.

Pictures are below for reference.

Roles setup in the Datamart

2022-06-22 (1).png2022-06-22.png

When I do View as Role and start with the AdventureWorksLT role, it works as expected...

2022-06-22 (3).png

When I swtich to the WideWorldImporters role, it still shows the filter for AdventureWorksLT and yes I clicked OK and reviewed the result set.  This screenshot is after reviewing the result set and clicking View as Role again.
2022-06-22 (4).png

If I close out of the Datamart, refresh my browser and come back in and try WideWorldImports first, it filters as expected.
2022-06-22 (5).png

But now AdventureWorks does not work...

2022-06-22 (6).png

Hi @jobender,

I can reproduce this issue and it has been reported internally(ICM 316057173). Will sync here once there is any update.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @jobender,

I can reproduce this issue and it has been reported internally(ICM 316057173). Will sync here once there is any update.

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @jobender,

May I know whether this issue still exist? For the product group couldn't reproduce this issue, they need the following info to investigate on it: RootActivityID, DatamartID, Network log traces (.har) file when reproducing this issue. If this issue presists, please send it to Emi Predmore for further research. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,