Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Row Level Security View As is not working as expected in Datamarts

When I setup Row Level Security in a Datamart and then run the View As to test the roles, the first role I test works as expected.  Any subsequent roles that I test during that session do not filter as expected and I either get all rows in the datamart or it still caches the original View as Role settings I tested first.  If I close out that session and try again, this time opening another role under View As, the first one works, but when I switch to subsequent roles, it does not filter correctly.

Pictures are below for reference.

Roles setup in the Datamart

2022-06-22 (1).png2022-06-22.png

When I do View as Role and start with the AdventureWorksLT role, it works as expected...

2022-06-22 (3).png

When I swtich to the WideWorldImporters role, it still shows the filter for AdventureWorksLT and yes I clicked OK and reviewed the result set.  This screenshot is after reviewing the result set and clicking View as Role again.
2022-06-22 (4).png

If I close out of the Datamart, refresh my browser and come back in and try WideWorldImports first, it filters as expected.
2022-06-22 (5).png

But now AdventureWorks does not work...

2022-06-22 (6).png

Hi @jobender,

I can reproduce this issue and it has been reported internally(ICM 316057173). Will sync here once there is any update.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Accepted

Hi @jobender,

I can reproduce this issue and it has been reported internally(ICM 316057173). Will sync here once there is any update.

Best Regards,

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @jobender,

May I know whether this issue still exist? For the product group couldn't reproduce this issue, they need the following info to investigate on it: RootActivityID, DatamartID, Network log traces (.har) file when reproducing this issue. If this issue presists, please send it to Emi Predmore for further research. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,