Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rounding Error (Some are rounded up and others are rounded down)

I have a problem in rounding in formatting on Power BI.

Some are rounded up and others (1 record) are rounded down when I set Percentage as Format and 1as dicimal place on formatting.

For instance, there are 156.250000% and 118.750000% and when I set the formatting as above, 156.250000% turns into 156.3% while 118.750000% turns into 118.7% which I think is wrong.

Anyone has any idea to fix this or why this is happening?

Acutal values which have issues

Saraneno_0-1654828112300.png

Saraneno_1-1654828122240.png

I have created a matrix with two rows data and a sum measure to show it, but it looks like normal:

vyingjl_0-1655100656593.png

Whether you can share your measure which is used to calculate the value

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test. Basically Power BI Desktop should have the same rule on round format. Perhaps you can consider providing more details about this issue:

1. The version of Power BI Desktop(test version: 2.105.1143.0)
  2. How did you get the original data and the rounded data, enter the original data manually and create measure to get to format it or else?
  3. Which visual you have used in this issue and how did you create it in details

Best Regards,

Saraneno
Regular Visitor

Thank you very much for your response. Here are the more details about this issue.

1. The version of Power BI Desktop(test version: 2.105.1143.0)
    →My version is 2.105.1143.0.
  2. How did you get the original data and the rounded data, enter the original data manually and create measure to get to format it or else?
    → As you said, I loaded the original data and create a meacure to calculate it and then change the formatting to set the decimal place.
  3. Which visual you have used in this issue and how did you create it in details
    → Matrix by defalt.
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

I have created a matrix with two rows data and a sum measure to show it, but it looks like normal:

vyingjl_0-1655100656593.png

Whether you can share your measure which is used to calculate the value

Best Regards,

Saraneno
Regular Visitor

Hi Yingjie,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Since this is output to be presented to our client, I also asked Support Center (Premier) and got information from them so I will get in touch with them. If it is solved, I will share why it happened and solutions for that.

Best regards,

Sara