Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ribbon Freezing

This is still happening, even in the June, 2019 desktop release.

The top ribbon tabs become unresponsive.  All other ribbon icons and features work fine, but you cannot select any other tabs until you close and reopen the PBI desktop application.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happens to me OFTEN as well as others in my organization.

I minimize the report and then immediately maximize it to get it to respond.

edhans
Super User

Ugh. Still happening in August 2019 desktop from MS Store version.

wmayr
Regular Visitor

As edhans said, this is definitely still an issue with the Aug release. It happened to me a couple dozen times yesterday as I was messing with Power Query and switching back to the Desktop UI.

ronm

Already in November and this is still happening and is very problematic when demoing Power BI Desktop to potential clients.

Shruikan

Still happening. 

The workaround posted here works well: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Ribbon-Freezing/idi-p/662528

rickjvs

I can re-create it everytime.  All I do is open up a *.pbix file.  The ribbon as others have mentioned freezes while everything else appears to be working.  The minimize / maximize also works for me as a work-around.

MattAllington
MVP

Are you using the new preview ribbon?  The reason it is not being fixed is becuase it is being replaced.  The new ribbon is already in preview