Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ribbon Freezing

This is still happening, even in the June, 2019 desktop release.

The top ribbon tabs become unresponsive.  All other ribbon icons and features work fine, but you cannot select any other tabs until you close and reopen the PBI desktop application.

Comments
BartEdgerton
Advocate I

This has nothing to do with DATA MODELING, but this stupid forum REQUIRES something for a "label" but has a piss poor selection of "labels" to choose from, so I just picked the first one that worked.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@BartEdgerton ,

I have tried several times but couldn't repoduce this issue. The ribbon tab can be selected on my side. Does this issue often happen on your side?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

wmayr
Regular Visitor

This is happening to me a whole bunch today (June 2019 release as well)- I am working a lot with Power Query and almost every single time I exit PQ, the ribbon is frozen for about a minute. Nothing I do with the PBI Desktop window seems to make it work again consistently aside from waiting.

v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@BartEdgerton , @wmayr 

I still can't reproduce your issues. The ribbon tab works well on my side. Please create a support ticket here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

wynhopkins
MVP

I teach classes of users in different organisations in Power BI and this happens all the time,  in the July release also.  It's random so don't have a defnitive reason.  

The work around is to minmimise and maximise the screen, but something clearly needs fixing

MattAllington
MVP

I also teach classes and I can also confirm that this happens regularly.

parry2k
Super User

This happened to me many time but very hard to reproduce but it is surely a bug/issue and very annoying.

wmayr
Regular Visitor

I'm still running into this regularly, but not consistently, on the July release.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems to happen after I edit my queries and hit "Close & Apply". The min/max windows work around worked for me, thanks @wynhopkins

Release:
July 2019

Product Version:
2.71.5523.941 (19.07) (x64)

OS Version:
Microsoft Windows NT 10.0.17134.0 (x64 en-US)

CLR Version:
4.7 or later [Release Number = 461808]

Peak Virtual Memory:
41 GB

Private Memory:
1.18 GB

Peak Working Set:
1.27 GB

IE Version:

edhans
Super User

Happens daily to me. I am using Windows 10 and the App Store version. The "fix" is to minimize and maximize the app, but it is frustrating. I've only seen it happen on the ribbon of the main app, not the ribbon for the Power Query UI, but it often happens if I close the Power Query UI, then the main ribbon is frozen.