Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ribbon Freezing

Ever since the most recent Power BI update, the ribbon periodically locks up and will not respond to clicks. I can still interact with the Quick Access toolbar icons without issue, but the commands on the ribbon cannot be used. Occasionally, I can switch to the Query Editor and use Close and Apply to "refresh" the screen. Most of the time, however, I have to close out of Power BI and reopen it. This is happening on a daily basis and sometimes occurs multiple times a day.

I am running 2.67.5404.581 64-bit (March 2019).

Comments
chrisu
Responsive Resident

This has been happening to me for the last few months and continues with the current release.  I can usually fix it by minimizing and maximizing the window.  

DenisBergeron
Helper I

I have the same problem. swiching to another app / windows back and forth do the jobs.

amaan91
Frequent Visitor

i have the same problem form the last few months and the bugs have gone up after the latest updates 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick Fix : just swicthing to other page/ app (Alt + Tab)  will solve the problem.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

Which steps do you perform then the Power BI desktop ribbon doesn't respond? Please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue if possible. 

You can also update the Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.67.5404.981 to check if the same issue occurs. Please run the 64 bit Power BI desktop if possible. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

bbuch

Just installed the most recent version seeing this issue.  Difficult to replicate but when it happens it is inconvenient since the users typically has to close/reopen PBI desktop.

gaccardo-slb
Advocate II

I've had this issue with Power BI Desktop for nearly a year.  Sometimes the ribbon simply stops working.  There doesn't seem to be a specific set of steps to reproduce the issue.  This happens with the Query Editor also.  Minimizing and restoring the window makes it start working again, but this is one of a variety of similar issues.  Sometimes it's not possible to select something from a slicer.  Sometimes the context menu for tables disappears instead of accepting mouse clicks.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

@bbuch @gaccardo-slb The issue might be related to the specific environment. I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered