Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ribbon Buttons not working

My users have had experiences where the buttons on the ribbon menu do not work. The user will click on the button and nothing happens. However, if the user minimizes Power BI Desktop or switches over to another application and then switches back the buttons will work again. Can you please look into this bug?

Thanks!

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous, 

Which action causes the Power BI desktop ribbon menu unresponsive? Please share detail steps for us to test it. 

Please update Power BI desktop to the latest version 2.68.5432.761, run the 64 bit version if possible. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Bacon4life
Frequent Visitor

In my organization, we are also observing simillar issues, but it happens from time to time - ribbon is just frozen and you cannot do anything. We are simply restarting Power BI app to solve it.

It is happening directly after starting PBI from a pbix file with some data.

I am always using the latest version.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-qiuyu-msft , we are on the latest version. Like @Bacon4life  has stated, it appears most often when an existing pbix file is opened but I'll have my users pay closer attention and see if there are any other trends that may be causing it.

Thanks!

mmerchak
Advocate II

@v-qiuyu-msft 
Like the OP stated, minimizing and opening up works to fix this issue for me as well.
I do not know if this is the only cause, but it seems to happen sometimes after applying a query change. I usually have multiple PBI files open at the same time, but I don't know if this is connected.

I hope that that info helps!

chaz2jerry
Advocate III

Our users including myself have same issue, and I normally hit the Windows button to “reset” the view and then the PBI ribbon buttons become clickable again. 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi all, 

As I'm not able to reproduce the issue on my side, I would suggest you create a support ticket to let engineers look into the issue on your side. 

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Delivered

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still seeing issues with this and I am on the latest version of desktop.