Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Resolved in 2.82 (June version): Templates cannot be opened in power bi desktop after update to 2.81

After updating to the 2.81 May version i get error when i want to open my power bi templates created in an older version. Probably made in 2.79 or 2.80. My colleague has not updated yet and het doesn't get that error.

'................pbit' if corrupt or an invalid report file

Comments
cygnex
Advocate I
We use a shared dataset as our only data source for report authors and use one standard template based on that dataset. We had the same issue as others and could not open any templates that were based on datasets after we upgraded to the May release. We can open the template now after upgrading to the latest version of Power BI Desktop (June release). I would assume this would fix your issue also.
Ultimo-ss-Henry
Frequent Visitor

Forgot to mention, but the problem was definitely resolved in the June version

cygnex
Advocate I
Agreed, the June release fixed this but I am not sure I like not being able to use our standard report template for a month. This was critical for us and slowed down development.