Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Reset slicer when drilling through a data

Hi, 

Would like to ask is it possible to reset the slicer selection based on drill-through? Or is there any trick to make it happen?

1. The sample case is, I have two pages (Pivot & Mark, they are connected by ID).

test1.png

2. From "Pivot", I'll select a row and drill through to page "Mark". It works well until here. However, on page "Mark", there is a slicer.

test2.png

3. If I select a value in that slicer, and then back to page Pivot to select another data & drilling through, the previous selection on that slicer on page "Mark" is kept. 

test3.png

My expectation is when I go back to "Pivot" page and drill through, the selection on page "Mark" is reset. Is there any way to achieve that? Please advise.

Comments
v-robertq-msft
Community Support

Hi, @neonanora 

As far as I’m concerned, you can only create a button and set the action as “Bookmark” to reset to the page status to not sliced. Because there’s no option in Power BI to automatically clean the slicer when you jumped to it.

You can follow this document:

https://radacad.com/clear-all-slicers-in-power-bi-a-bookmark-story

v-robertq-msft_0-1616555437132.png

What’s more, to submit an idea of Power BI, I suggest you to go to the Power BI Idea to open an new idea instead of in the issue forum of Power BI community.

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

dkmahf
Regular Visitor

@neonanora - I am sitting with the exact same issue. Thank you for posting this 😊

It would be great, if a button could have to actions:

1. Clear Filters (by a bookmark with no filters on)
  2. Go Back

Or if the drill-through filter could sync with the slicer