Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reset layout occurring automatically

Restet layout is occuring automatically for the relationship model diagram in a pbix desctop file automatically when it has not been clicked on at any stage.

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @dcresp,

What the exact issue do you want to report? Would you please record a small video to clarify the issue? 

Which Power BI desktop version do you run? How about the result when you try the latest Power BI desktop version here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Status changed to: Needs Info

dcresp
Advocate IV

I am still experiencing this issue and finding it really frustrating. Hard to pin down what is causig the data model to reset though. All seems fine and then I go to look at the data model and everything is reset again. The version of PBI that I am using is - Version: 2.51.4885.701 64-bit (October 2017)

I have seen that others are also getting this same issue. I will try to re-install with the latetest version. 

Hope tihs is resolved soon.

Thanks

dcresp
Advocate IV

HI @Vicky_Song and @v-qiuyu-msft, the December release of PBI Desktop has still not fixed this really annoying issue. The issue has been very well documented in this post - http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Relationship-Display-is-not-saving-changes/idc-p/322944#M1922... and continued to be ongoing. Can we please get an urgent resolution to this major issue that is getting experienced by numerous users.

dcresp
Advocate IV

Unfortunately, this continues to be a major issue with all the latest versions of PBI. I have reported this to MS and worked it through with the support team who understand the issue. Unfortunately, MS are saying it will not be until the August issue of PBI Desktop that this bug will be fixed. If you are still getting this issue please report it to support so MS understand what a major issue this is. They have not been able to provide any suggestions as to workarounds for the bug.

KCinMelbourne
Resolver I

Hi guys, 

It's now August and the layout of my relationships has reset for what feels like the 100th time. It makes it really difficult to follow through relationships when I'm making model changes. 

There's not particular action that causes it to reset that I've noticed. It is just that you'll lay it out all nicely, then at some point I go back into the relationship screen to view the model structure and it's reset again. 

@v-qiuyu-msft- are you able to provide an update if this is something that's being addressed?

Thanks in advance
KC

dcresp
Advocate IV

@KCinMelbourne certainly agree. A fix is needed for this issue. Some people are getting huge problems with this and others have not seen it. Very mysterious. However, when I worked through the issue with MS support in March they were certainly aware of this issue. 

KCinMelbourne
Resolver I

Thanks @dcresp!

Given the amount of time that has passed, I was hoping MS might have an update. Poking the bear as such 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone still facing this issue in 2021?

cadenr2

Hi!! i have now this issue with the last update of October 2021. any suggestion? thanks in advance.Raúl.