Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Require Single Selection is not enforced when embedding reports with filter pane

We have embedded some of our Power BI Reports via the Javascript API and are experiencing an issue with the filter pane. In Power BI Desktop the option to Require Single Selection is selected for several filters, but single selection behavior is not enforced in the embedded filter pane.

Power BI Desktop:
DesktopFilterPane.png

Embedded:
EmbeddedFilterPane.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @gah113

In Power BI desktop, we are in edit mode of the report, the option "Require Single Selection" is visible. 

After we embed the report in a Power BI embedded application, if we just view the embedded report, as long as the report is saved with Require Single Selection turned on in edit mode in Power BI desktop or service before, we can only has one value selected though we click on multiple values. This is the same as we view the same report in Power BI service reading mode. 

Best Regards,

Qiuyun Yu

gah113
Advocate I

@v-qiuyu-msft Please see the images - the observed behavior is not what you have described.

I have published the report with Require Single Selection turned on. When I click multiple values in the filter pane, all values are selected and data is shown for all selections. The single select behavior is not enforced.