Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Requested value '()1' was not found

It does not matter what data connector, when [Apply] is clicked it results in Requested value '()1' was not found.

The Power Query (in the editor) connected to the data source, e.g. Google Analytics or an Excel Sheet on SharePoint.  I also tried fixing the access to path user/ AppData/ Temp to the computer's administrator, uninstalled and re-installed the desktop for PowerBI.  An existing thread mentions this error but it's just a lot of blah-blah without a conclusion.

The only significant bit I can see in the error dump is Microsoft.AnalysisServices.Tabular.RowsetPropertyReader error.

Comments
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support

@Uni4Online 

I tried the latest version to create a report and it seems to work fine for me.

Uni4Online
Regular Visitor

@v-chuncz-msft the sun is not shining on my installation of the "latest version" I am still stuck with this dreaded value '()1' value issue.  I can't open existing reports nor create any new data connections.  So, thanks for sharing your experience, it is lamentably not mine.

Uni4Online
Regular Visitor

Some more information:

1. From GitHub (pavaolm) suggests it's a removed template variable causing the problem and suggests downloading a new template.  This seems to be the same template as describe when Clear PermissionsThis didn't work for me.
  2. Uninstall (completely) install latest version from Microsoft Store.  This didn't work for me.
  3. Uninstall (completely) install version v2.82.5858.1161 64-bit (June 2020) or is it 2.82.5858.301? This didn't work for me.  Version: 2.92.943.0 64-bit (April 2021) is offered irrespective of what you ask. It appears that you cannot download previous versions.  Microsoft does state "You can also download previous versions of Power BI Desktop if your organization requires it."  Previous versions are not serviced, but what do you do if the current version doesn't work?  They seem to only offer the March 2021 versions as "previous versions"
    1. Important links every PowerBI enthusiast should bookmark.
    2. Version: 2.91.884.0 64-bit (March 2021) - Requested value '()1' was not found.
  4. Tried installing the older version via Chocolatery.org via PowerShell> choco install powerbi --version=2.82.5858.1161.  Ran into error "is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet".
  5. Some more information on similar problems that other people reported with reference to "Can't Open Power BI after June 2020 Update"; I am running 2.92.1067.0 64-bit (April 2021) which is a much later (the latest) version of the Desktop. 
  6. The same error message, i.e., Requested value '()1' was not found is discussed on a 2019 thread on this site that does not provide a resolution other than a potential SSAS problem.
Uni4Online
Regular Visitor

After deliberation with Microsoft support, the investigation could not proffer the cause of the Requested value '()1' was not found.  However, the problem is environmentally constrained to the laptop.  What exactly is still a mystery.

An installation of PowerBI on another PC functioned as expected.

giedi
Regular Visitor

Same error with my computer, I tried different versions of PBD, tried to re-install Windows, but nothing work. Data are uploaded to PBD (i can see them), but don't transfer to the Power Bi for using. And also it's impossible to create table from Modeling - create table, PBD shows the same error 'the Requested value '()1' was not found'.

Don't know how to solve it(((

Uni4Online
Regular Visitor

Dear @giedi I had a protracted support call with Microsoft on the 'the Requested value '()1' was not found' issue.  At the end (for me) it was (and still is) a local computer environment problem.  I don't know what, but I cannot use PowerBI on my Dell laptop.  Something on the machine (and I don't have the inclination nor the energy to look for the problem) as I used several tools with no success, causes it.  I simply had to use another machine for PowerBI.

I never rebuilt the Laptop, again for the reasons cited above, but that would be the only next step to try and cure the problem by broad stroke.  In my opinion, the problem is not with PowerBI and the error is so unusual that Microsoft has not coded to handle the error, because you can simply not isolate it by error message to find the cause. @giedi sorry I don't have better news.

giedi
Regular Visitor

Dear @Uni4Online,

many thanks for the explanation! Maybe the case is not only in computer environment. My computer is Asus ZenBook. The first installation of PBID was successful, and it worked until the next version of PBID. None of any other changes were made. And return to the previous version of PBD didn't give a result. I also used another computer for Power Bi, but this is uncomfortable. Hope Microsoft will solve this problem at once. 

faseen32

Dear @Uni4Online ,

I was getting a similar error message recently. It turns out that the error was due to the fact that the negative sign symbols (additional settings/region /control panel) was brackets ie. (), instead of minus "-" symbol.

NadineM

Hello @faseen32 , where is the "additional settings/region /control panel"? is this on your machine or in PowerBI. Thanks in advance.

Uni4Online
Regular Visitor

Hi @faseen32 , I checked my setting in the Region settings on Windows 10, indeed, also set to be () for the negative values. @NadineM just type Control Panel in the Search of Windows and then in the dialog's search type Region and you're there.

I installed the lastest version of PowerBI (to be sure) launced, added a data source, and voila, it works!

Thank you @faseen32 this little nugget of information solved a hugely and very pesky problem.