Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reports with apostrophe in title no longer working in Jan 2020 Report Server Update

Afternoon,

After updating our PowerBI Report Server to the Jan 2020 version, we found that any dashboards that we previously had published that had an apostrophe in the title now no longer work (we get a "An error has occurred. Something went wrong. Please try again later.") when either we click on the dashboard to load it or the menu (the three dots).

I'm not sure where to pull any logs to help diagnose this issue, but when we take the same report and republish it without an apostrophe in the name, the report works fine again. However, we aren't able to access these reports at all to rename or delete them on the server.

Please correct me if this isn't the right place to post this.

Comments
v-yuta-msft
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

I would suggest you create a support ticket here for further analysis.

Support Ticket.gif 

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can access the ReportServer database and modify the Name and Path fields on the dbo.Catalog table to remove the apostrophes. We experienced the same issue after updating to January 2020 and this fixed our existing items.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yuta-msft - I did not see any option in the support ticket for Power BI Report Server. All the options were related to the Power BI Service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous - After submitting a ticket through that portal, I've finally been directed to PBI Report Server support. Microsoft is looking into it. There is a incremental change to the Jan 2020 PBIRS download that I want to apply first to see if that resolves it, however I haven't been able to schedule a service outage yet.

EV_Systems
Regular Visitor

Hi Everyone. I woke up this morning to numerous complaints of folks not being able to access dashboards on PBIRS that they had no problem accessing last week. I did my own troubleshooting and identified this issue as well. When I checked the web, I saw this posting, which confirmed it. I can attest that only the files on our server that contained apostrophes in their names had this issue. Thank you all.