Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Reports opening to old/hidden tabs depending on how you navigate to report (Power BI Service)

I am experiencing an issue depending on how I open a particular Power BI report. When I open Power BI Service, open the workspace, and open the report by clicking on the left pane, it opens to the tab I expect

SS1.png

However, if I click on a different report in the left hand pane (for example the AUM report), and then click on the Balance Sheet Report again, it opens to a completely different, hidden tab. 

SS2.png

Comments
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm not able to reproduce the issue both in shared capacity and premium capacity workspace with Chrome browser. Please edit the report Balance Sheet Report, open report page ChartOptions or CombineWithHistory, then save the report. Republish the report to Power BI service.  Clear browser cache then test again. 

You can also test with our sample report to see if the issue is related to your report. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Qiuyun,

The suggestions you made did not change the behavior, however a member on our team was able to figure out what is happening. When you first open a report from the left hand navigation page (first screenshot "SS1.png" above), it opens to the correct tab (the one that you last saved the report on).

However, if you click on a different report in the left hand pane, then reopen the original in the left hand pane, it defaults to opening to the first tab (located furthest left) in the report. It does not matter whether the page is hidden or not. I tried this with the Human Resources Sample workbook and was able to recreate the issue. For example if you save the report on the "Bad Hires" page, and then run through the steps I mentioned above, you will see it ends up opening on the "New Hires" page even though that wasn't the page the report was saved on.