Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reports crossing accounts in Chrome browser.

I share a purchase reports for our customers. They all have individual Power BI pro logins. I log into account 1 with Chrome and view the report. Next I log out of the account 1 profile, then choose to log into account 2 as cached in my login options. When account 2 logs in, I now see two reports posted in account 2! (report 1 and 2). I'll then open Edge and check my admin account where I shared the report from, and there is no indication of report 1 shared in account 2. It's happened enough  with our sales reps, and now with me on my desktop and my laptop, that I fear this may be a security issue. It appears that Chrome may not be fully logging out of the first account before logging in to account 2.

Hi @mwaltercpa,

May I know whether did you find report 1 and report 2 posted for account 2? In the workspace? Or in the Shared with me section? If you clear the cache of your browser, will you still see these two reports listed for account 2?

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Comments
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @mwaltercpa,

May I know whether did you find report 1 and report 2 posted for account 2? In the workspace? Or in the Shared with me section? If you clear the cache of your browser, will you still see these two reports listed for account 2?

Best Regards,

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

All of the customer accounts we have access their purchase report from the 'shared with me section'. 

I share all reports from my admin account, out to the different customer accounts. 

I have not tried clearing my cache, and suspect that would work, however the issue is, is that I have many field sales employees that help their customers with their reports. Meaning multiple accounts are loged in/out of daily. 

When the reports cross accounts, they cross in the customer 'shared with me section'. 

Also, when they call me to share that accounts are mixed up, I also log in from my remote machine, and see the reports indeed crossed by accounts, and stuck from an admin point of view. 

The only way I know to delete that report access from my admin account, is to delete the report and dataset, and start over again. 

This morning I notice that there is now a 'security check' process on login. That hopefully is a fix.

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

Please see video where I reproduce the issue.

Topic: Mark Walter's Zoom Meeting
Start Time: May 9, 2022 12:48 PM

Meeting Recording:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/GRSHC8kYSacUle8B1jPAsqC7wB2KO2pqac3z_gWowhD7WwHLYKCNV5dS-pMhifgR.D...

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @mwaltercpa,

Thanks for your clear explanation. May I know is this issue still existed with the security check process? If you clear cookie of Power BI service or the cache of the browser, will this issue be removed from your machine? If you check the access permission from the Manage Permissions of report, will you see Robarge be listed there?

vcazhengmsft_0-1652172095622.png

vcazhengmsft_1-1652172095622.png

Best Regards,

mwaltercpa
Advocate III

None of the suggestions above removed the report from the accounts that should not hold the report, nor does this prevent the condition from happening a second time.  While this appears to be a caching issue, it is not... as once the report crosses accounts, that report (showing in error) is visible to anyone with the login credentials. The only way to remove the report is to delete the workspace dataset and re publish and share.

Please watch the video link I shared. I believe showing login access from a different browser (edge) helps to demonstrate the shared report in error in the Robarge account, vs. a caching issue in Chrome. If I had accessed this account from a separate machine, you'd see the shared report in error there as well.

v-cazheng-msft
Community Support

Hi @mwaltercpa,

Thanks for your reply. I would suggest you creating a support ticket in Power BI Support. And then wait for the support engineer to help you troubleshoot on this issue.

The link of Power BI Support: Support | Microsoft Power BI

For how to create a support ticket, please refer to How to create a support ticket in Power BI - Microsoft Power BI Community

It couldn’t be better if you post the cause and solution here once you get them from the engineer to help other users who may encounter similar issue. Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,