Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Reports are duplicated in the Lineage view after publish

Hi,

Sometimes (mostly) when I publish a report to the PBI Service, with the same name as an existing report (thus replacing it), the Lineage view shows duplicate reports until I refresh the web page. This started happening sometime in the fall of 2022 (perhaps related to the new App UI). This is very confusing and first led me to delete one of the reports, which resulted in deletion of the only actual report.

Please look into this bug.

Hi @filip_ai ,

Do the testing but in my case, the pocess is normal and didn't have duplicate report.

There are no similar known issues that have been viewed. Is this happening with any file you publish ?

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hi @filip_ai ,

Do the testing but in my case, the pocess is normal and didn't have duplicate report.

There are no similar known issues that have been viewed. Is this happening with any file you publish ?

Best regards,

filip_ai
Frequent Visitor

I am not sure. I have noticed it several times over the last months. I don't think it happens when I published Paginated reports (tied to the same source).

Unfortunately, I don't have the time nor the possibility to test this outside of my regular publishes.

filip_ai
Frequent Visitor

@v-mengzhu-msft 
Actually, I found out additional details. I did a publish to a workspace. When I refreshed the web page, the lineage view looked correct. I then updated the app for the workspace and opened it. When I returned to the workspace, the lineage view showed duplicate reports of the newly updated report.

HTH.

v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support

Hi @filip_ai ,

A few questions that I'm a little curious about and I hope you can answer them for me.
Question : Is it a paginated report that you publish to the service? I noticed that you mentioned an app, and you also published an app for the content in the workspace, right? And when you say update, do you mean add the newly uploaded reports to the app?
So if I need to reproduce the issue, should my steps be: create the paged report - publish it to the service - add the report to the app and update the app - view the relationship diagram
Please keep me informed if there are more detailed steps, thanks in advance!

Best regards,

filip_ai
Frequent Visitor

Is it a paginated report that you publish to the service?

No, it is a PBIX. However, there are RDL files tied to the same source in the WS.

I noticed that you mentioned an app, and you also published an app for the content in the workspace, right?

That is correct.

And when you say update, do you mean add the newly uploaded reports to the app?

Well, the report was already added to the app prior to the update of the report. So, yes, an update of the app includes the new version of the report.

So if I need to reproduce the issue, should my steps be: create the paged report - publish it to the service - add the report to the app and update the app - view the relationship diagram

I would say you need to create the report, add to app, update app, then change the report and publish it again, update app - view the lineage.