Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report theme changed when published to the service - Power BI bug/issue

There's been an ongoing issue where on publishing the pbix file (with a custom theme) the report theme/colours change on the Service.

Can this bug please be fixed?

The only thing that worked was re-publishing the report 3-4 times to ensure the report that was published to the service had the correct theme/colours. 

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test.

When I tested the custom theme from the document: Custom report theme files you can use right now  , it works fine in Power BI Service.

vyingjl_0-1654046217880.png

vyingjl_1-1654046268120.png

Whether the custom file is created by yourself? Perhaps you can share more details about it like how to create this custom theme file, the version of Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Comments
v-yingjl
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Could not reproduce it in my side as far as my test.

When I tested the custom theme from the document: Custom report theme files you can use right now  , it works fine in Power BI Service.

vyingjl_0-1654046217880.png

vyingjl_1-1654046268120.png

Whether the custom file is created by yourself? Perhaps you can share more details about it like how to create this custom theme file, the version of Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li

Ashley
Helper II

Has there been any updates on this issue?? I am also facing the same thing, when I publish my desktop file to service, it changes the colours and design of my report when a row is selected from a table. I have been publishing the same report with the exact same theme for months now and this has never happened. Seems like a bug in service.

When a row is selected in desktop file:

Ashley_0-1654820556191.png

When a row is selected in Service:

Ashley_1-1654820588236.png