Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Report stuck at Almost Done only in embedding mobile portrait view

A Power BI Report stuck at "Almost Done" only in Mobile Portrait view when embedded to our web application using javascript library powerbi-client. The report loads without issues on Custom view and Mobile Landscape view. It also able to load in Mobile Portrait view on Power BI android app. Just not working when it is embedded AND in Mobile Portrait view.

Using the same embed code, other Power BI Reports with Mobile Portrait view can be loaded so I don't think it is a bug of the embedding code.

The Power BI Report is in direct query mode.

This is the config (window.powerbi.embed(powerBIObjectContainer, config)):

{
    "type": "report",
    "tokenType": 0,
    "accessToken": "/* Removed */",
    "embedUrl": "https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=314cff87-0db0-44cb-b498-aa3255516f2d",
    "id": "",
    "settings": {
        "layoutType": 2,

"navContentPaneEnabled": false,
        "filterPaneEnabled": false,

}
}

Hi @Jovie ,

Notice the limitations:

vmengzhumsft_0-1669344364607.png

Related link:

Embedding a Power BI report with mobile layout in Power BI embedded analytics | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Comments
v-mengzhu-msft
Community Support
Status changed to: Investigating

Hi @Jovie ,

Notice the limitations:

vmengzhumsft_0-1669344364607.png

Related link:

Embedding a Power BI report with mobile layout in Power BI embedded analytics | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Community Support Team Selina zhu

Jovie

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft 

Thanks for investigating the issue.

I have checked the limitations but I don't think it is related to this issue.

The Power BI report is initialized as mobile portrait view and has mobile portriat view setup.

I can still reproduce the issue. Please let me know if you need any further information.

Regards,

Jovie

Jovie

Hi @v-mengzhu-msft 

Just some updates..

I found that when the dashboard is in mobile portriat view, the top navigation bar icon images(red circles) are not fetched while the company icon(blue circle) in the center is fetched. While I can see all images are fetched if I am using custom view and the dashboard will be loaded successfully.

The icon image url for example is https://wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net/explore/resourcePackageItem/2%2F03fea111-...

Do you have any suggestions how should I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2023-03-01 113519.jpg